It’s 2019 and I still see many Singapore Realtors making a ton of mistakes.
OK, I’ve made my fair share of embarrassing mistakes in my time too.
And I often wished someone could have warned me before I drove myself silly with regret and frustration. Often, I wasted valuable time correcting errors I could easily have prevented had I been more vigilant.
So, in the spirit of helping fellow agents, here is my list of mistakes that I would have warned my own self if I was a full time realtor today in 2019.
I have grouped these mistakes according to the categories they belong to:
- Not differentiating yourself from all the other 28,000+ realtors in Singapore
- Taking prospects for granted
- Assuming prospects will automatically call you
- Worrying often about too much competition
- Thinking your Agency’s branding will work for you
6. Expecting free handouts from Uplines and Team Leaders
7. Not taking full advantage of opportunities, resources and education provided by your agency
8. Being unprofessional by stealing other agents’ clients
9. Changing agencies often, thinking the next one will make you a top producer
10. Not running any advertising at all
11. Assuming you need a $10,000+ budget for marketing and advertising
12. Running some advertising but frequently pausing it out of fear
13. Not stopping bad advertising or killing bad ads in time
14. Spying on other agents’ listings to see what they have to sell
15. Spying on other agents’ advertising and clicking their ads at their expense
16. Using ineffective marketing and not recognising what is effective
17. Using outdated methods in a post internet world
18. Getting angry with PropertyGuru wanting to make money (or any other service provider)
19. Not wanting to learn new things
20. Thinking product knowledge is enough
21. Learning all the time but never applying anything
22. Thinking you already know it all
23. Assuming you don’t have the time for education
24. Not learning how to use newer technologies or being simply too afraid
25. Not being flexible with new changes
26. Wasting money on courses which are not specific/tailored to Singapore real estate
27. Not following up at all
28. Not following up fast enough
29. Assuming they will call you back after your first missed call
30. Being disorganised and inconsistent with follow up
31. Taking past clients for granted
32. Doing a mediocre job of servicing your existing clients
33. Not bothering to communicate often with past and/or current clients
34. Assuming clients will automatically refer you to others
35. Recruiting too early when personal sales are not big enough
36. Delegating ineffectively to downlines
37. Hiring the wrong agents in team
38. Neglecting to train downlines, thinking they know
39. Expecting super salesmen within just days after recruiting
By the way, this list of mistakes is by no means exhaustive.
This is just the tip of the iceberg that I personally uncovered.
I explain how to solve all the above 39 mistake permanently in my new upcoming book, Property Agent Secrets, with practical, easy-to-follow tips and detailed Action Plans.
You’ll never make these silly mistakes again.
Book pre orders are opening soon after my website goes live.
Stay tuned for more at https://www.PropertyAgentSecrets.com/
Get more exclusive real estate agent training here 👉 https://www.yasserkhan.sg/👈
Learn How To Get More Real Estate Leads, More Listings, More Sales, with Less Resistance AND still have a LIFE!
Yasser Khan is a real estate coach, speaker, and trainer at YasserKhan.SG who teaches Singapore Realtors how to make more Money, have more Time and enjoy more Freedom.
The BEST Listing Presentation Guaranteed To Get You More Closings NOW
Download a FREE Copy of Yasser's Complete (but Fugly) Listing Presentation that SOLD $132 MILLION in Real Estate in Just 36.5 MONTHS!